COVID-19 Updates — September 23, 2022 Update: Explore Scouts Canada’s actions as we continue to follow the direction of government and health agencies in maintaining public health. View recommendations and stay informed here.
As we move forward our Scouts Canada 'Return to Scouting' COVID-19 Stages and Standards will closely align with the Province. In saying this we will return to Stage 4 with the following modifications to our standards in alignment with the reopening plan:
- Meetings and events can have up to 25% of the venue's capacity up to 50 people indoors and up to 75 people outdoors WITH physical distancing.
- Meetings and events can have 10 people maximum indoors and up to 25 people maximum outdoors WITHOUT physical distancing.
- Overnight camping is not allowed at this time.
- We continue to encourage sections to use the Patrol system.
- Masks continue to be mandatory within indoor spaces.
- Masks will be mandatory outdoors if you choose not to be physically distant.
- We continue to recommend masks outdoors even if you choose to be physically distant but can’t maintain a minimum physical distance of 2 metres (6 feet) from others.
Lastly, we are optimistic as we move through Phase 2 that we can look forward to returning to overnight camping with an anticipated Phase 3 start date on June 30th, 2021. As we get closer to this date, we will send out a confirmation email with guidelines on how we will safely return to overnight camping.
We hope that as we return to in-person scouting that groups can take advantage of the outdoors and the great weather that we have been having. We look forward to hearing about your scouting adventures!
Yours in Scouting,
Amy Kehoe - Council Youth Commissoner
Zach Fitzsimmons - Council Commissioner
Justin Dubreuil - Interim Council Relationship Manager