- Where will you do this adventure? Make sure there are a lot of trees nearby.
- What will the boundaries be?
- How do you use your senses to describe something?
- What are your five senses?
- What can we do with our five senses?
- How will you make groups of two?
- With your partner, decide who will close their eyes and who will lead.
- If your partner is the leader, he or she will lead you to a nearby tree.
- Carefully observe everything about this tree using each of your senses – how does the bark feel? How big is the trunk? What kind of leaves or needles are on the tree? What does the tree smell like?
- After a few minutes, your partner will lead you away from the tree.
- Then, open your eyes and try to find your tree. Can you find it?
- Switch partners and try again
- What do you know now that you did not know before?
- How did you describe your tree?
- How did your tree feel? Smell? Sound? Taste? (Taste?! Yuck!)
- Were you able to find your tree after topening your eyes? How did you find it?
Remember to submit your activities on our Scouts for Sustainability Take Action Map
Keep it Simple
- Find a tree without a blindfold! Draw your tree, describe what its bark and leaves look like, and then give your drawing to a partner. Your partner must now find your tree based on your drawing and description!
Take it Further
- Don’t just find your tree, take care of it! Once you’ve found your tree, why not adopt it and make sure that it is well cared for?