- What research will you need to do on your issue?
- What do people already know?
- What is your suggestion for helping your community?
- When can you give your presentation? Will you give your presentation alone or with others?
- What do you hope people will learn from your presentation? Will you include an experiential component to the presentation, where everyone does something rather than just listening?
- Choose a topic or issue that’s important to you (such as LGBTQIA+ equality, racism, the income gap, homelessness, animal rights, habitat destruction, etc.), research it and find a way that you can make a difference.
- Present your issue to your Section. Include a question-and-answer session.
- Brainstorm ways that your Section can take some action on your issue, then form a team to follow through with the idea you’ve generated!
- What do you know now that you did not know before?
- What plan did you decide on? What other good ideas were shared?
- What do you feel you taught everyone about the issue you chose?
- Will you continue to try to make a difference on this issue?
Remember to submit your activities on our Scouts for Sustainability Take Action Map
Keep it Simple
- Invite a guest speaker from a local community group to come and speak to you about the issues that they are working on.
Take it Further
- If you’re impassioned by what you learn, why not make a difference? Get involved with a group working on your issue of choice or start a petition to get more voices heard!