- When does Jamboree on the Trail take place? How can you find out?
- How will you take part?
- What weather do you expect for your hike? How can you find out?
- How should you dress?
- How will you get to the trailhead? Are you returning to the trailhead, or ending up someplace else?
- How well do you know your route? How can you learn about conditions on the trail?
- As a small team or Section, plan a hike that will take place during Jamboree on the Trail.
- You might plan to hike a trail you have never before visited, or you might make plans to go back to an old favourite. You might make your outing an overnight adventure, or just head out for an hour or two to be part of the event.
- Share photos and stories from your hike with your friends and family, or even Scouts around the world!
- What do you know now that you did not know before?
- How did knowing that Scouts all over the world were hiking at the same time as you make you feel?
- Why is it important to get outside and enjoy nature? Why is hiking a good way to do this?
- What did you see or hear on your hike that was special to you?
- How did your group get along as a team on this adventure?
- What would you do differently next time?
Remember to submit your activities on our Scouts for Sustainability Take Action Map
Keep it Simple
- Your hike for JOTT doesn’t have to be long! Plan a short day-hike along a local community trail.
Take it Further
- Help your whole Group to get on the trail and plan a JOTT event for your Group! Plan a hiking route, meeting time and safety plan. Invite other Sections to join, and don’t forget to choose a hike that everyone can do!