- Where can you learn about different symbols (flag, flower, bird, etc) of the different provinces and territories?
- Do you know what the flag of each province or territory looks like? How can you find out?
- What do you need for this Adventure?
- As a small team, colour pictures of symbols to represent each province or territory, like a flag, bird or flower.
- Draw two of each picture. Use cardstock paper or glue pictures on to construction paper so picture doesn’t show through.
- Put your pictures face-down on the floor and shuffle them so that you don’t know what picture is on the other side.
- Take turns turning over one picture and then another.
- If you make a pair, you can go again. If your pictures do not match, it is the next person’s turn. How many pairs can you match?
- What do you know now that you did not know before?
- How many provinces and territories can you name?
- Which symbol is your favourite? Why?
- Did you play against each other, or did you work as a team?
Keep it Simple
- Work together to find each match! Working as a team might help you remember and recognize the symbols a little easier. If that’s too easy, you can always add more symbols to make the team challenge a little more difficult!
Take it Further
- Instead of having two cards with matching images, have one card with a provincial symbol and the other with the province or territory’s name. Try to match each symbol to the correct province or territory!