- From which country or culture will your dish come?
- What will you put on your grocery list?
- Who will buy the food?
- How will you pay?
- What utensils and dishes do you need and who will gather them?
- Who will you invite?
- Learn any new skills required for the cooking—perhaps invite a parent who may be a professional chef or a talented cook to assist.
- Work in teams to select and prepare a dish to serve the rest of the Section.
- You can really fill your plates if you invite your parents or another Section to join in. Ask them to bring some food to contribute, and discover some great new flavours!
- What do you know now that you did not know before?
- Why is it important to learn about and celebrate other cultures?
- How did your team handle this activity?
- Did everybody get along? Why or why not?
- Did you have fun? Why or why not?
- What would you do differently in the future?
Remember to submit your activities on our Scouts for Sustainability Take Action Map
Keep it Simple
- As a Section, choose a dish to learn about and make it together as a group.
Take it Further
- Keep practising your new cooking skills by doing a Master Chef challenge with your Section.