- When and where will you pursue your certification?
- What level of certification will you pursue?
- What is your budget for this adventure?
- What medical conditions might affect getting a new scuba certification?
- Scuba diving is a great way to experience the natural world in a whole new way. Becoming Scuba certified also opens doors to new adventures for you and your Section!
- Many people do not know that PADI’s Open Water Diver certifications are open to anyone over 10 years old, and can often be done close to home! Get in touch with a local dive shop to learn more about their upcoming courses.
- Once you’re certified – it’s time to take the plunge! Connect with local dive shops and dive groups and join them on an outing.
- What do you know now that you did not know before?
- How did you feel before, during and after this Adventure?
- What was the biggest challenge, personally and as a Section, for this Adventure?
- How did your instructor handle the group? What might you do differently if you were the instructor? Why?
- How can you build on this experience?
- Remember to submit your activities on our Scouts for Sustainability Take Action Map to the Review section.
Keep it Simple
- Getting your Open Water Diver certification may be a bit intimidating – PADI has lots of introductory courses that will let you get comfortable in Scuba gear, like Discover Scuba Diving!
Take it Further
- Plan a dive trip for your Troop, Company or Crew. Maybe there’s a fantastic dive site near home, or maybe you’ll want to go further afield or even abroad!