- When and where will you pursue your certification?
- What level of certification will you pursue?
- What is your budget for this adventure?
- What medical conditions might affect getting a new scuba certification?
- Scuba diving is a great way to experience the natural world in a whole new way. Becoming Scuba certified also opens doors to new adventures for you and your Section!
- Many people do not know that Scuba certifications are open to anyone over 8 years old! PADI (the Professional Association of Diving Instructors) offers multiple courses open to young people, like Bubblemakers, Seal Team and Mermaids!
- What do you know now that you did not know before?
- How did you feel before, during and after this Adventure?
- What was the biggest challenge, personally and as a Section, for this Adventure?
- How did your instructor handle the group? What might you do differently if you were the instructor? Why?
- How can you build on this experience?
- Remember to submit your activities on our Scouts for Sustainability Take Action Map to the Review section.
Keep it Simple
Start getting used to being underwater and looking through a mask by going snorkeling! You could even set up a snorkel safari.
Take it Further
Learn more about other Scuba certifications that you can earn. PADI’s Open Water Diver certification is open to everyone 10 and up!