- What supplies do you need for this activity?
- What meal or treat will you make?
- What ingredients will you need?
- How will you stay safe in this activity? Dutch ovens get very hot.
- Cooking in a Dutch oven takes some practicing!
- First, you’ll need a campfire to create the heat for your Dutch oven.
- Next, choose your recipe and prep your ingredients! Chili? Mac ‘N Cheese? Banana Bread? Apple Pie? Enchiladas?
- How will you cook? You can create a tripod over the fire to hang your Dutch oven, cook with your Dutch oven on a grate, or for the best even heating experience – use hot coals, charcoal briquettes, or wood embers on the bottom and top of your Dutch oven!
- Try a few different ways of cooking you see what works best and practice your cooking skills. Enjoy!
- Did your Dutch oven meal turn out as planned? Why or why not?
- What else could you make in a Dutch oven?
- Is there anything that you would do differently next time?
- Camping Dutch Oven (ensure it’s not for household use and is able to be used on fire!)
- Meal Ingredients
- Oven Mitts