- What materials do you need for this activity?
- How will you make it?
- How much time do you need to complete this activity?
- Create a rainbow using art material and place same coloured food items in each rainbow ray.
- What do you know now that you did not know before?
- What was your favourite part of this activity?
- What would you change next time?
- Why do you think it’s important to eat different colours of food?
Remember to submit your activities on our Scouts for Sustainability Take Action Map
Keep it Simple
- Instead of creating a rainbow, have youth organize a list of food into categories that correspond with the food guide.
Take it Further
- Now that youth are aware of the different food categories, have them plan a day’s/weeks’ worth of meals using the rainbow they created and the Canada Food Guide. Consider utilizing this activity to plan a meal during a weekend camp.