- What kinds of Olympics will you look at?
- How many sports will you put on the list?
- How long do you need to complete this activity?
- What do you need to be successful?
- Research sports that are in Olympics around the world
- Consider Winter and Summer Olympics along with the Special Olympics too.
- Create a list of sports that are gender specific.
- Discuss these sports and decide on a few to play together.
- What do you know now that you did not know before?
- What would you change next time?
- What were you successful at?
Remember to submit your activities on our Scouts for Sustainability Take Action Map
Any materials needed for the sports that are going to be played
Keep it Simple
Think of some sports that are typically for “boys” or “girls” (hockey vs. gymnastics for example). Play some of the sports provided it is safe to do so. After playing, discuss why they are considered a sport for girls, boys or anyone, and if it’s true.
Take it Further
Compare different rules and uniforms that men and women have in different sports. Create a chart or diagram to see if there are any similarities and differences.