- What will you need for this adventure? How much will it cost?
- How will you keep your carving space safe and clean?
- Will each person have their own pumpkin, or will you share?
- How will you light up your jack-o’-lanterns?
- By yourself, with a partner or in a small team, decide on what your design will look like. Will your jack-o’-lantern be spooky? Silly? Creative?
- Empty your pumpkin and draw on your design.
- Carefully carve your pumpkin. If you’re working in a group, make sure that everyone has a chance to try carving.
- Light up your jack-o’-lantern and show it off!
- What do you know now that you did not know before?
- What was your favourite part of this adventure?
- How did everyone stay safe on this adventure?
- Whose is your favourite jack-o’-lantern? What do you appreciate about it?
- If you were to share this adventure again, what would you do differently?
Keep it Simple
- You don’t just have to carve pumpkins, you can also decorate them! Use paint, glue, stickers, ribbon or anything else you can think of to create a beautiful pumpkin masterpiece!
Take it Further
- Don’t forget to save your pumpkin seeds to roast afterwards! What delicious flavour combinations can you come up with?