- When and where will you share this game?
- What animal starts with the same letter as your name? If there is more than one, which will you choose?
- What can you do to remember everyone’s name and animal? What does it mean to be a good listener?
- Have everyone sit in a circle.
- The person whose name is first alphabetically (your Scouters can help with this, if you need help) will go first.
- This person should say their name and pretend to be an animal that starts with the same letter as his or her name. “My name is Marc, and I’m a monkey.”
- The person sitting to their right will go next. That person will repeat the name and animal of the person before and add his or her name and animal. “This is Marc, and he’s a monkey. My name is Emma, and I’m an emu.”
- This goes on all around the circle, with each person repeating the names and animals of all the people who came before.
- If somebody forgets a name, he or she can be reminded with the person’s animal.
- See if you can get all around the circle, sharing every person’s name and animal
- What do you know now that you did not know before?
- What was your favourite part of this game?
- How did you remember everyone’s name?
- How can you play this game differently in the future?
- When might it be a good time to play this game again?
Keep it Simple
- Start off simple – just say your name and animal and then see how many other people and animals you can name!
Take it Further
- Rather than using an animal’s name, pick an adjective (describing word) that describes you! Maybe you’re kind Kristen, or smart Sam! Play the game the same way but use your descriptions rather than animals.