- Do you know of an animal shelter near you? If not, look some up and see if any offer tours!
- When will you visit?
- What would you like to learn during your visit?
- What will you need to bring on this adventure?
- Find a local shelter that allows visitors. Before visiting, make sure it’s ok for you to visit and see if you can arrange for someone to show you around the shelter.
- Some animal shelters might even offer special tours or programming for visitors, so make sure to check ahead of time!
- Visit the shelter.
- Learn about what shelters do for our community and how they help animals!
- What do you know now that you did not know before?
- What was your favourite part of your visit?
- Is there anything that you will do differently based on what you learned?
Keep it Simple
Some shelters might offer virtual tours – see if any are available online. If that’s not an option, learn about what animal shelters do and talk about it as a Section.
Take it Further
Many animal shelters need help, whether it’s collecting items for donation, raising awareness about issues in the community, or finding other ways to help animals. Talk to your local shelter and find out what you can do to help! Then, on your own or as a Section, take on the challenge of helping your local animals!