- When will you have this Adventure?
- Where will you go? How will you get there?
- Is there anything you need to bring?
- Who are the library experts in your group?
- What items will be on your scavenger hunt?
- What do you need to remember when you visit the library?
- As a team, organize a library scavenger hunt for the rest of your Section.
- Create a list of interesting things for everyone to find. What is the oldest book you can find? The newest?
- The funniest? The strangest? Are there pamphlets for any events? Does the library give away bookmarks?
- If you don’t have a library card, this visit will be a good time to get one and you can all have a look at the books and see if there’s something you want to borrow and read.
- What else can you find in a library?
- What do you know now that you did not know before?
- How did you feel before, during, and after this activity?
- Are you more likely to visit your local library in the future? Why or why not?
- Why are libraries important?
- Remember to submit your activities on our Scouts for Sustainability Take Action Map to the Review section.
Keep it Simple
- Tour your local library – where do the books go after they get returned? What happens to a book if it gets damaged? Before going, write a list of questions to ask the librarian!
Take it Further
- What services does your library offer? Many libraries do a lot more than lend out books! Maybe you’ll find inspiration for your next adventure at the library.