- How will you collect your seeds?
- How will you decorate your seed packets?
- How will you distribute your seed packets?
- What information will you include on your packets? This could include things like how and where to plant the seeds.
- Create vegetable seed packets that you can give to your friends and families!
- Start by collecting your seeds. You can find them in a gardening store or you can save seeds from the vegetables and fruits you eat.
- You can buy envelopes or make your own. Pack up your seeds and decorate the envelopes with fun designs and planting instructions.
- Distribute the packets to your friends and family so they have the opportunity to grow their own vegetables.
- What types of seeds did you include? Why?
- What did you learn from this experience?
- How did it make you feel to share gifts with your friends and family?
Remember to submit your activities on our Scouts for Sustainability Take Action Map
- Markers and other supplies for decorating
Keep it Simple
- If you don’t have a lot of time, you can choose to only include one type of seed.
Take it Further
- For an added challenge, you can collect seeds from the fruits and vegetables you eat, instead of buying seeds from the store! Do some research to determine how different seeds can be collected, dried, and stored.