- What materials will you need for this activity?
- How will you be water conscience when designing?
- What kinds of technology could help you to make an ecofriendly design?
- How much time do you need to complete this activity?
- How will you create your design, a drawing, or a 3D model?
- Research and write a list of different ways you can conserve water and use it efficiently in your home (a rainwater catch basin to water the garden, efficient toilets, shower heads that use less water, etc.)
- Create your model home/community using the materials you choose (drawing or 3D).
- Explore the list you created to see what options you can include in your design or create your own unique water saving ideas.
- Share your design with your group and discuss some of the ideas everyone included in their designs.
- What are the most common ideas everyone had?
- What other ways can you reduce your consumption of water on a daily basis?
- Why is conserving water so important?
- Would you build/buy one of these house designs? Why?
Remember to submit your activities on our Scouts for Sustainability Take Action Map
- Materials to create the 3D model or drawing (recycled material, glue, drawing materials, scissors, etc.)
Keep it Simple
- Discuss how you can make your current home more energy efficient. Write a list of ideas to bring back home and share with your family members.
Take it Further
- Use your imagination and ingenuity to create and pitch an idea or product that could help create clean water/access to water. You can use the same ideas you had for your home designs or come up with a totally new idea!