- What winter sport would you like to try?
- What equipment do you need to play your sport(s)?
- What are the rules of this new sport?
- How will you stay safe playing this winter sport?
- As a Section, take a look at all of the sports that are currently in the Winter Olympics, or that have been in past! Did you know sports like Ski Ballet and Skijoring were once in the Olympic Games?
- After choosing a new winter sport to try, learn the rules and gather the equipment you’ll need to play!
- You could even make your own miniature Winter Olympic Games challenge as a Section.
- What skills did you develop by trying this new sport?
- What made playing fun?
- What was your favourite part of this activity?
Remember to submit your activities on our Scouts for Sustainability Take Action Map
Keep it Simple
- Try testing out close alternatives if you choose a sport that’s too difficult to try without very specific equipment. For example, interested in bobsled? Make a fun tobogganing course to explore instead. Want to try curling but can’t get to a curling rink? Try 'curling' with Frisbees as an alternative.
Take it Further
- Learn from the best! Visit a venue or location that allows you to test out some of the sports requiring more specific equipment. Do you have any local Winter Olympians from your town or city? Sign-up to try out their sport of choice!