- What supplies will you need for this adventure?
- If you do not already have a survival kit, will you make one?
- What are some challenges that we face in winter that are less common in other seasons?
- Think about some of the challenges you may encounter in winter that you may not encounter in other seasons, like the cold, lack of access to water, frostbite, etc.
- Add things to your winter survival kit – here are some ideas to get you started, but feel free to add other items!
- Hand/foot warmers
- Extra mitts and socks
- Reflective emergency blanket
- Tin foil or other lightweight way to hold water
- Fire starters
- Candles (and matches if you do not already have them)
- What adventures will you take your survival kit on?
- Why is it important to carry a stocked survival kit?
- Is there anything else you would like to add to your survival kit?
Keep it Simple
- Start by figuring out all the items you will need for a winter adventure – in your survival kit or not! Think about what you need for a winter adventure and from there figure out what else might be good to have extras of in case of an emergency.
Take it Further
- Learn some winter survival skills – learn how to make a safe winter shelter, light a reflector fire or gather water.