- How will you do this activity? In small teams or as a big group? Will everyone do the whole alphabet, or will you divide and conquer?
- How will you record your ideas?
- How will you make sure that everyone has a chance to share their ideas?
- Will you play a game with these words after you’ve come up with them?
- In small teams, or as a big group, brainstorm different adjectives (or other words) that describe a good leader – try to come up with one for each letter of the alphabet.
- Once you have your list, use these words for a game – you can put them into a hat for a game of charades, challenge teams to come up with a skit that includes as many as possible or a bingo game!
- Was it challenging to come up with different words?
- Of the qualities that you came up with, which ones do you have? Are there any you would like to work on?
- Are there any qualities of a good leader that did not come up?
Keep it Simple
- To start out, try eliminating some of the harder letters of the alphabet, like X, Q and Z.
- Have the group work in small teams and give each team a few letters to work on. Then, regroup and share all of your ideas.
Take it Further
Rather than just coming up with an adjective, try to come up with a leader in your life that you know who starts with each letter. Talk about what makes that person a good leader.