- How will you make sure everyone is involved in planning the course?
- What is the role of a project manager?
- What steps do you need to take to plan the course?
- How will you ensure that the job is shared among everyone and one person isn’t doing all the work?
- Have everyone in the group pick an aspect of teamwork, and develop a module to teach a younger age group that concept. Use existing YLT activities for that section, or create your own.
- Work together to put on the workshop. The workshop can be as long or short as you want (from two hours at a local Scout Troop on a weeknight, all the way to a weekend event—whatever you choose), and can be for youth in or out of Scouting.
- Run with it and have fun! You can learn more when you have to facilitate a topic, so use this opportunity to really level up your abilities and understanding of group dynamics and teamwork.
- Remember to challenge yourselves to exemplify good teamwork - whatever that means to you—while organizing and running the course.
- Have fun!
- Consult your participant guidebook and independently review your leadership course
Keep it Simple
Rather than teaching a whole course, plan to lead a single session. This could even be done at a Section’s weekly meeting!
Take it Further
Help shape the future of YLT! Create your own activity related to youth leadership. How creative will you be?