- What items will you use to make your art?
- Will you have a theme to what you’re making? Or will you just make whatever you want?
- Is there a useful item that you could make out of your old items?
- Come up with some different ideas for things you can make out of old objects – a campfire sit-upon, cloths, pillows or even a pop bottle bird feeder.
- Gather the supplies you need for your craft and make it!
- Share what you’ve done with others to inspire them to remake something great!
- What do you know now that you didn’t know before?
- How did it feel to make something new out of old materials?
- What could you make if you did this again in the future?
Remember to submit your activities on our Scouts for Sustainability Take Action Map
Keep it Simple
- Turn an old t-shirt into a reusable bag and make a bag for life.
Take it Further
- Upcycling is taking an old object and making it into something new and beautiful – find an old piece of furniture or even camping equipment and upgrade it so that you can use it again.