- What area would you like to clean?
- What gear do you need?
- What tasks should each person or team have?
- When will this adventure happen?
- When will you create the stories or skits from your Wall of Weird?
- Get a picture taken with the weirdest items you find and post the photos on the “Wall of Weird” at your next meeting.
- As a team, choose one picture and create a story or skit about how the item got to be abandoned.
- Create your stories and skits and share them with the rest of your Section.
- What do know now that you did not know before?
- How did you feel before, during, and after the activity?
- Why do you find so much trash?
- What can you do to help keep trash off the ground?
- What would you do differently for another adventure like this one? Could you choose a different theme?
Remember to submit your activities on our Scouts for Sustainability Take Action Map
Keep it Simple
- Organize a clean-up for your Section. Take before and after photos of the area you’ve cleaned, including a photo of all the bags of trash you collected! How much trash did you find?
Take it Further
- As much fun as it is to make up silly reasons about why items were left on the ground, take the time to think about the real reason. Are there too few garbage cans in the area? Are animals pulling items out of trash cans and moving them around? Create a plan to combat littering in your area!