- How will you decide who will be which person of the three?
- Will you rotate who does which?
- What will be the objective in your course?
- Should you get someone else to place the object/ objective so that it will be more challenging?
- Form groups of three.
- The groups should arrange themselves with Person 1 facing towards the playing field, Person 2 standing facing Person 1, and Person 3 standing blindfolded near the rest of their team.
- Have one person who is not on a team (a facilitator or observer) hide one object per group of three – they should make it clear which object belongs to which group.
- When the objects have been hidden, Person 3 can start their search. They will be given directions from Person 2, who can speak but cannot see the playing field. Person 1 will direct Person 2, but only non-verbally.
- The first team to find their object wins! Be safe, and good luck.
- What do you know now that you did not know before?
- What was the hardest part?
- In what ways was this challenge easier and harder than you expected?
- What would you do differently next time?
Keep it Simple
Try finding an object using non-verbal communication as you play The Humming Game!
Take it Further
Practice describing what you see to someone in detail with a paper plate relay!