Board of Governors Approved May 5, 2018
Seeks to prevent and eliminate workplace violence, harassment, bullying, and other unacceptable forms of behaviour.
We are committed to preventing harassment, violence, bullying, and other unacceptable forms of behaviour in the workplace.
- At Scouts Canada, we recognize that harassment and violence are workplace occupational health and safety hazards that can cause physical and emotional harm.
- We believe that every employee has the right to work in a professional atmosphere that promotes equal opportunity and is free from all forms of harassment and violence.
- We prohibit any form of violence and unlawful harassment, including harassment based on the Prohibited Grounds outlined in Scouts Canada’s Diversity and Inclusion Policy.
- We will not tolerate, ignore, or condone workplace harassment and/or violence against or by any employee.
- We prohibit any physical or verbal threats (with or without the use of weapons), intimidation, or violence in the workplace in an effort to minimize risk of injury or harm resulting from violence to Scouts Canada employees.
- We will take every reasonable precaution, and implement measures, to prevent violence and harassment and protect all employees from potentially violent situations.
- We provide employees with information, tools, and strategies to prevent and respond to workplace violence from all possible sources, including other employees, managers, volunteers, strangers, and domestic/intimate partners.
- We provide training to all employees and contractors who act on behalf of Scouts Canada.
- We ensure that harassment and workplace violence complaints are received and addressed quickly and confidentially.
- We ensure employees feel supported and have recourse to appropriate mechanisms for redress.
- If you are found to have engaged in workplace violence, you may be subject to disciplinary action up to and including termination of your employment or contract.
- If you make a false complaint of violence or harassment, or provide false information about a complaint, you will be subject to our disciplinary procedures up to and including termination of employment or contract.
- Our third-party partners, or companies with which we work, will adhere to this policy.
- Alternatively, and on approval from us, they may apply their own similar corporate policy.